Question: Am I insured while using the scooter for damage to third parties, scooter and property?
Answer: Not by Algarve Mobility – You must purchase personal travel insurance and make sure you inform them that you will be using a mobility scooter abroad and check that you will be covered under that. Alternatively if you have scooter insurance at home you may be able to extend the cover. Be aware, no insurance will pay out if you are under the influence of Alcohol/Drugs at time of incident.
Question: Is there an extra charge for delivery?
Answer: Yes – Please see our Delivery & Pickup charges table on our website.
Question: Will you deliver the scooter anywhere in the Algarve?
Answer: Yes, we’ll deliver to any accomodation in the Algarve, but please make sure you will have safe storage facilities and a socket available for charging
Question: Where should I pick up my scooter?
Answer: We deliver direct to your accommodation where our driver will meet you at a pre-agreed time.
Question: Where should I return my scooter?
Answer: You should return your scooter to the pre-agreed location. If this changes you must notify us asap to ensure a smooth collection.
Question: I have never used a scooter before can the delivery driver be there when I arrive?
Answer: Yes, we prefer to personally meet our customers to ensure full instructions are given for each piece of equipment. This means that a person with over ten years of experience will talk directly to you and explain everything that you will need to know about the scooter.
Question: What to do in the event of your scooter not working?
Answer: You can contact us with any questions about the equipment. All our scooters have labels on them with our telephone number so it is easy to get hold of us to get a replacement if needed, but as all our scooters are very well maintained & are reliable brands you should have better peace of mind.
Question: Is there a cancellation fee?
Answer: If you cancel up to 48 hrs before the delivery there is no charge.
Question: What should I do if I am delayed for the delivery.
Answer. Please contact us as soon as you know of any delays etc. We can then reschedule your delivery.
Question : How long does the battery last?
Answer: There are some factors to consider first:
- A. Type of Scooter – As a general rule our car transportable scooters have a maximum 8 mile range. Heavy duty have a 15 to 20 mile range on a full charge.
- B. Weight of the user and terrain, The cobbled paths and bumpy, hilly areas will drain the battery much quicker and will reduce the scooters range.
- C. The battery must be charged for a minimum of 8 hours. It is important to charge EVERY night to ensure the equipment is ready to use the next day and the batteries remain in good condition. Never unplug the charger until the charging cycle is complete.
Question: Which scooter would you recommend?
Answer: Things to consider:
- If you need to transport your scooter in a car boot or taxi, I would recommend our Liteway 4+ or if you need something more compact our gogo traveler + 4 wheeled scooters. All of our scooters are sturdy, reliable, and easily folded and lifted into a car. They are good for both in and outdoor use and stable on the cobbled streets and have maximum 8 mile range.
- We also have our medium go-go sport car transportable scooters but these will need a larger car boot. These have also have front and rear lights and a shock absorber in the seat post.
- If you do not need to transport your scooter, we recommend one of our Heavy Duty scooters, these are medium or full sized luxury scooters, great for comfort, speed and battery life. The medium can be used for indoors too and is a good all round scooter, but the large luxury is more an outdoor scooter. Both have a maximum 20 mile battery range. With front and rear lights and indicators.